Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne disease, which can be found all over the world.Children are more susceptible to dengue. As a result, it becomes imperative to take steps to protect them from it. Read on to know how you can make sure that your child stays safe from the deadly disease.
There has been news constantly popping up about the sudden rise of dengue. It is a mosquito-borne viral disease that spread mainly during the day and can be controlled with some preventive measures. Dengue can affect at any age and children are at risk too. So, it is very important to take you must take all preventive measures to protect your child.
Signs of Dengue in Children
Dengue fever is asymptomatic in most cases in children in the initial days but gradually materialize around 2-3 days after the infection.
• Flu-like symptoms- The most common symptoms are fever, runny nose, fatigue, cough
• Physical Discomfort-Children who are affected with dengue might experience joint aches, pain behind the eyes, back pain, headaches and so on.
• Skin issues- One of the common signs of dengue is having itchy skin. Another sign is having a constant itch occurs on the soles of the feet.
• Gastrointestinal Problems- Your child might complain of nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. These are the early signs of complications, hence need to be monitored properly.
Ways to Safeguard your child from Dengue
• Each time your child steps out use mosquito repellent- Do use a mosquito repellant whenever your child goes outdoors. Also, make sure that the products used should be chemical-free and do not leave any negative effects on the skin.
• Wear protective or fully covered Clothes-Make sure your children must wear protective clothing such as a long-sleeved shirt or full trousers. Also, avoid dark or bright colours as mosquitoes are attracted to them.
• Eliminate breeding ground indoors- We have grown up knowing that mosquitoes mostly breed in stagnant or dirty water. But in reality, it doesn’t matter whether it’s clean or dirty, they can breed even in just an ounce of water. So ensure that you must not have places where water can accumulate.
You can do-
– Do not overwater indoor plants
– Clean the trays of ACs regularly
– Fix the leaky pipes on time
• Keep your home mosquito-proof- Use mosquito nets on doors or windows so that they cannot come in and you remain to get the fresh air.
• Boost your child’s immunity- Strong immunity helps to protect the child against diseases and it ensures to fight against such fevers. Boost your kids’ diet with turmeric, ginger, garlic, spinach, citrus foods.
• Keep surroundings clean- Ensure that you clear out stagnant water completely which is the primary source of breeding for these evils. If you have a garden, clean it at regular intervals.
Parents go the extra mile always to protect their children from illness. Hence, following these tips can help them to stay away from dengue infection. Also, early identification of the symptoms helps to get your child quick treatment.
Though all attempts are made to provide correct information on the subject, inadvertent & typographical errors arising out of manual intervention cannot be ruled out. It is requested to bring any such discrepancies to the notice of the blogger for correction.